Re: [Xen-devel] xend segfaults when starting

On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 15:55 +0100, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

> It doesn't, in fact:
>
> changeset:   21907:6a0dd2c29999
> parent:      21904:9f49667fec71
> user:        Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
> date:        Fri Jul 30 16:20:48 2010 +0100
> summary:     libxc: free thread specific hypercall buffer on
> xc_interface_close
>
> I am going to revert this and leave it to Ian to fix it properly
> (currently on vacation).

I'm currently looking at this but I'm not seeing this issue, xend starts
up fine and I can start a (PV) VM.

When you said "segfault on startup" did you mean of xend or of a domain?
(I think the former).

Can you give me a little more information about your environment please?
Is it NetBSD by any chance?

Please could you reapply this changeset add some tracing to
hcall_buf_prep and _xc_clean_hcall_buf to print out the hcall_buff and
hcall_buff->buf as they are allocated and freed. The line numbers
indicate that the free(hcall_buf->buf) is faulting. We've just called
unlock_pages on the same address but since we seem to deliberately throw
away any errors from munlock (see "safe_munlock") that doesn't really
tell us much about its validity.

Perhaps this whole area needs looking at with an eye to NetBSD
portability?

Ian.