[Xen-devel] How to increase the Xen heap

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] How to increase the Xen heap
From: alex <leiye.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 23:25:25 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 23:26:09 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=ZhSLUddiOG2R6ndn07q8yJ8unAKIChh8Pb/pBO2mlvc=; b=XbTuDEpG/ZGL/pikcCV3h9PUHf5AgeOnapPjhmw3DllZugRp5+yNZLRuNQxySh9Hmd vP4LBaX2xFI1rSXuOMf3OIEPJGzPVdmdzoBjAZwvZwK9u2L1EJcSuWq0lAqO63ZcFd/t Na1OvzBNXUTq6uJ7LPt3kMVNaR4IVp8D9HC8Q=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I wrote some code in Xen hypervisor. It allocates an array to track the runtime statistics. When I use _xmalloc to allocate the array from xen heap, it fails with "No enough memory". I check the Xen heap via "xm dmesg", it shows 9MB, while the size of the array is around 14MB. I try to reduce the array size, it succeed without any problem and works correctly. My question is how to increase the Xen heap because I will put other fields into array data structure. Or can I allocate from dom heap? If that, are there some sample code?

Thank you.

Alex