Re: [Xen-devel] ACPI-Tables corrupted?

To: Juergen Gross <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] ACPI-Tables corrupted?
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:03:36 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 03:04:30 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 28/07/2010 10:38, "Juergen Gross" <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As you can see, the DMAR eye-catcher is replaced by blanks!
> This leads to a programmed panic in the crash kernel later in case of a
> panic in dom0...
>
> Any ideas?
> BTW: seen in unstable AND 4.0

Look at the tail of xen/drivers/passthrough/vtd/dmar.c: Xen *always*
*unconditionally* trashes the DMAR so that dom0 will not parse it.
Presumably bad stuff would happen if it did.

See for example xen-unstable:20181 changeset comment for something of an
explanation and the patch originator.

 -- Keir