[Xen-devel] [GIT PULL] pv/pcifront-2.6.32 .. update: 2 bug-fixes.

To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] [GIT PULL] pv/pcifront-2.6.32 .. update: 2 bug-fixes.
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 16:16:20 -0400
Cc: Thomas Schwinge <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:20:15 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey Jeremy,

Plese pull from
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen.git pv/pcifront-2.6.32

Since the last pull it fixes two bugs:

 1). Passing in to the guest a device with non-zero function would not
     be scanned. You had to pass in the zero-function as well.
     This fixes:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-06/msg00475.html

 2). When rescanning (so using 'xm pci-attach') the xen-pcifront would
     not set the parent of the device to be the PCI bus device and the
     device initialization would stop at:

[    4.802563] igb 0000:01:00.1: device not available (can't reserve
[mem 0xfb840000-0xfb85ffff])

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk (2):
      xen-pcifront: Enforce scanning of device functions on initial execution.
      xen-pcifront: Claim PCI resources before going live.

P.S.
I will concentrate on back-porting some of those fixes in the
pcifront-2.6.31.x branch as well.