[Xen-devel] GPLPV memory ballooning and x32

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] GPLPV memory ballooning and x32
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 19:11:02 +1000
Delivery-date: Sun, 23 May 2010 02:11:57 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Are there any known reasons why ballooning might not work under Xen
3.1.x for a 32 bit Windows DomU?

I've implemented ballooning in GPLPV and it works under Windows 2008 x32
in my testing, but one user is reporting problems. I don't know much
about the details yet but if it just doesn't work under 3.1.x then
upgrading is the only outcome.

I'm using XENMEM_decrease_reservation to give pages back to xen, and
XENMEM_populate_physmap to fill the 'holes' back in with real memory
when the domU wants to balloon up again.

Thanks

James