RE: [Xen-devel] lzma and 4.0 and "Internal errror', 'xc_dom_do_gunzip: i

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Pasi Kärkkäinen" <pasik@xxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] lzma and 4.0 and "Internal errror', 'xc_dom_do_gunzip: inflate failed (rc=-5)"
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:34:52 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:37:05 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for the quick replies...

> Hmm.. you could use ldd to check if libxenguest.so is linked against
> libxz?

Assuming you meant "linked against" liblzma, yes it is.

> Also there might be some debug messages in /var/log/xen/*

No, nothing unusual.  The inflate just seems to fail with -5
(which I think means Z_BUF_ERROR).

> Did xc_dom_bzimageloader.o really get built with -DHAVE_LZMA in CFLAGS?

Yep, checked with "strings".

> so then LZMA support should be built in and it should be possible to
> inflate
> the initrd. You'll have to add extra tracing in that case to find out
> where
> the error is coming from.

Looks like debugging time... will followup if/when I find anything out.