[Xen-devel] Problem with /etc/init.d/xendomains

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Problem with /etc/init.d/xendomains
From: "Carsten Schiers" <carsten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 19:23:00 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 09 May 2010 10:24:25 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear all,

I have a problem with /etc/init.d/xendomains. It doesn't shut down my
DomUs properly any longer.
Having looked into the code, I was able to find some things out, but
currently, I have no clue,
how to solve.

I have set everything so that xend will start all DomUs from
/etc/xen/auto and all DomUs are shut
Down when shutting down the system. I have in /etc/xen the DomU config
files aaa bbb ccc, but I
make links like 10-bbb, 20-ccc, 30-aaa in /etc/xen/auto to start by
order. So the DomU config files
I use to start are not the same as the DomU names.

There are some loops around "xm list -l", which are analyzed by parseln
in a way, that the string
"(domain" is starting a block, and "(name" and "(domid" are used to
identified the domains that
e.g. should be shut down.

Problem could be that the PCI part of "xm list -l" is also returning
"(domain" strings, I guess this
Could confuse the mechanism a bit.

Another thing is that it seems the "$1" =~ "\string" doesn't seem to
fire for me. I use Debian Lenny
with bash 3.2-4.

I attached the /etc/default/xendomains, which is called by
/etc/init.d/xendomains (I have put it in
another place).

BR,
Carsten.