Re: [Xen-devel] Trouble with cryptsetup

To: "Nazar 'Anesth'" <anesth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Trouble with cryptsetup
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 10:41:17 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 May 2010 08:09:56 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 02:47:05PM +0300, Nazar 'Anesth' wrote:
> Hi there rocking Xen.
>
> When I'm trying to boot xen 4.0.0 with latest 2.6.32.10-pvops dom0 kernel
> (i686+PAE) on LUKS-enabled system, cryptsetup utility doesn't work if running
> from init (for root fs) or rc.d scripts:

Does it work if you boot the 2.6.32-10-pvops without Xen?

> device-mapper: resume ioctl failed: No such device or address
> device-mapper: remove ioctl failed: No such device or address

That really points to an invalid name. Do the devices mentioned in
/etc/crypttab exist?

> Failed to revert device creation
> Failed to setup dm-crypt key mapping for device /dev/sdb1
> Check that kernel supports aes-cbc-essiv:sha256 cipher (check syslog for more
> info)
> Failed to read from key storage
>
> And root device cannot be opened. When escape to initrd's rescue shell and
> run
> cryptsetup by hands, result is exactly the same. But if I run cryptsetup
> with --debug, it opens all the encrypted devices.

And what is the output shown to you when you it with --debug?
Does it mount if from /dev/sdb1 or is it another name?