Re: [Xen-devel] Error building current Linux git tree without configurin

To: Dave McCracken <dcm@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Error building current Linux git tree without configuring Xen
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 14:27:35 -0400
Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, Xen Developers List <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 May 2010 11:29:44 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 02:34:26PM -0500, Dave McCracken wrote:

> I tried to build a Linux kernel from current git sources without specifying

Which branch is that? Can you do 'git log' and tell me what is the
latest you see?

> any form of Xen.  I got these three undefined symbols:
>
> xen_register_gsi
> xen_teardown_msi_dev
> xen_setup_msi_irqs
>
> I defined them as dummy functions in arch/x86/include/asm/xen/pci.h for the
> case where CONFIG_XEN is not set, and got a working kernel.  They're also

There was a patch that fixed this floating around. Don't think Jeremy
had a chance to check in it..

Here is the thread:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-04/msg00785.html

> defined as dummy functions higher in the file under #else clauses for other
> config variables.  I assume we don't want the dummy functions defined
> multiple
> times, but I'm not sure the cleanest solution.

Something along these lines:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-04/msg01133.html

But not sure if it has been completly flushed out.