[Xen-devel] Error building current Linux git tree without configuring Xe

To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Error building current Linux git tree without configuring Xen
From: Dave McCracken <dcm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 14:34:26 -0500
Cc: Xen Developers List <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:35:27 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I tried to build a Linux kernel from current git sources without specifying
any form of Xen.  I got these three undefined symbols:

xen_register_gsi
xen_teardown_msi_dev
xen_setup_msi_irqs

I defined them as dummy functions in arch/x86/include/asm/xen/pci.h for the
case where CONFIG_XEN is not set, and got a working kernel.  They're also
defined as dummy functions higher in the file under #else clauses for other
config variables.  I assume we don't want the dummy functions defined multiple
times, but I'm not sure the cleanest solution.

Dave McCracken
Oracle Corp.