Re: [Xen-devel] xl: Enable 'xl console' in 'x86_64'

To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, Yu Zhiguo <yuzg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xl: Enable 'xl console' in 'x86_64'
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:54:09 -0700
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:55:08 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 29/04/2010 09:38, "Jeremy Fitzhardinge" <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Thanks for you reply. I think just look up both location is better.
>
> Hm, I think just installing xenconsole (and the other executables) in a
> consistent (architecture-independent) place is a better long-term fix.
> That said, hard-coding paths like this seems like it would be awkward
> for anyone packaging this stuff (I think distros would prefer to put
> this kind of thing in /usr/libexec?).

The build system knows where it is installing stuff. The answer here is to
push the paths from the build system into a header file, then we will also
work with non-standard install prefixes and the like. Kind of like what xend
does with util/auxbin.py, but we don't need something as complex as that. I
will pick up this work item myself, since it is very simple. ;-)

 -- Keir