[Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Dom U kernel

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 03:24:53PM -0700, kishore kumar wrote:
>    I am using my Dom 0 kernel to boot as my Dom U.
>    I edited /etc/xen/xmexample1 file and modified only below lines
>
>    kernel="/boot/vmlinux-2.6.32.10"
>    memory=512
>    vcpus=5
>    root = "/dev/VolGroup01/LogVol00 ro"
>    Below is the output I pasted after freezing.  Not sure what is wrong.  Can
>    you please help me here??
>    I doubt if I have provided the correct root option?

I bet that kernel has xen block frontend driver as a module?

You don't seem to have ramdisk/initrd image,
so you simply don't have the driver loaded at all
to access the root disk in the guest.

You must create an initrd image that loads the driver module in the guest.

>    VFS: Cannot open root device "VolGroup01/LogVol00" or unknown-block(0,0)
>
>    Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available
>    partitions:
>
>    Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
>    unknown-block(0,0)

Root was not found - this is usually because you don't have the xen blockdev
frontend driver loaded.

-- Pasi