[Xen-devel] DomU Xen-PCI frontend (and Xen-SWIOTLB) availability in v2.6

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, albert_herranz@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] DomU Xen-PCI frontend (and Xen-SWIOTLB) availability in v2.6.34-rc3
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 16:30:15 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 13:32:35 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Heya,

I've re-factored some of the SWIOTLB patches based on upstream review and
re-based the code and the Xen PCI frontend driver on the latest
Linux kernel.

If you are adventurous and need the latest stuff from the upstream
kernel and want a more library-type SWIOTLB, do:

git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen.git

to get it.

The one caveat is that you have to turn off CONFIG_NO_BOOTMEN (ie:
have this in your .config: # CONFIG_NO_BOOTMEM is not set) to get a Xen
DomU kernel to boot. And obviously you need to turn Xen support in it as
well.

I am going to post some of the patches (the first couple that
alter the SWIOTLB) upstream shortly. Those are available in:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/swiotlb-2.6.git