Re: [Xen-devel] pv-grub boot hangs when iommu=soft. Booting kernel direc

To: Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, listmail <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] pv-grub boot hangs when iommu=soft. Booting kernel directly with the flags works
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 12:24:16 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 09:26:02 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 02:25:07AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> (Note: I don't know at all about what iommu=soft does, so for now I'm

The iommu=soft enables in the kernel the Software IOMMU. This is
required for PCI passthrough devices. But the problem isn't with those
flags (I've asked the user to extract the kernel and initrd and use
those exact parameters and just do a PV boot - and it worked).

The problem is that MiniOS is doing something wrongly.. I don't know if
the problem is with arguments or if the underlaying storage is the issue
(tap:aio) with MiniOS.

> just as clueless as you are, and do not have the time to investage right
> in the near future).

Heheh. Yeah figured but in case you have a todo list thought this might
be a good thing to put there.