Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.31.6 pv_ops and routing DomU

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.31.6 pv_ops and routing DomU
From: Stefan Kuhne <stefan.kuhne@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 00:10:26 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 15:11:10 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am 09.03.2010 23:31, schrieb Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk:
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 11:16:15PM +0100, Stefan Kuhne wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> i try to use xen-4.0.0-rcx with linux-2.6.31.6 pv_ops Dom0 Kernel.
>>
>> I've a DomU as DSL Router with pppoe.
>> My Hardware has only one NIC, so i have to use it for LAN and pppoe to
>> my DSL Modem.
>
> Your DomU goes to the Internet. You Dom0 hooks up to the rest of your
> LAN. You want Dom0 and DomU to route packets back and forth, right?

Sorry, but my english isn't got enough for this.
My DomU makes NAT and all stuff.

>> My Problem is, that only this DomU and the Dom0 has Internet.
>
> I presume you have your Dom0 NIC in a bridge which has the vif for the
> DomU.

Yes.

>> All others have DNS but ping doesn't work.
>
> Can you ping your DomU from your LAN? That _should_ work.

Yes, this works for other DomUs and real PC in my LAN.

>> I can't find anythink in any log file.
>
> Go to wireshark website and watch the videos on how to use it. Your
> problem is network related.

But on which interface.
I can try it when i can disconnect Internet.

>> Anyone an idea?
>
> I think your DomU routing is not set properly. Look online for tutorials
> on NAT/Masquarade/firewall. Make sure you have
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

When i use xen-4.0.0-rc2 with an old Dom0 kernel all works fine.
When i boot 2.6.31.6 pv_ops i've my problem.

On another System with two NICs (second is passthrough) all Kernel works
fine.

Regards,
Stefan Kuhne