[Xen-devel] PCI passthrough w/ shared IRQ in xen/master

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] PCI passthrough w/ shared IRQ in xen/master
From: Michael D Labriola <mlabriol@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:56:08 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:57:07 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I cannot pass a PCI card w/ a shared IRQ to a domU.

If my PCI card is in a different slot, and gets a different IRQ, it works.
 But in this one particular slot, it gets an IRQ that's shared with a
bunch of other bits of gear (USB, firewire, and ATA controller).  With the
shared IRQ, not only can I not pass the card to my domU, my dom0 freaks
and dies as well...

Both my dom0 and domU are using the latest xen/master pv_ops kernel and
I'm using Xen 3.4.2 (for now).  My domU is a pv domain.

I've attached serial output.

Is this a bug in something (kernel or hypervisor) or a known limitation
with pci passthrough...  I sure hope it's a bug, cause I need to fill all
my PCI slots with cards that are going to get passed into different
domUs...  :-/

-Mike

---
Michael D Labriola