Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0 + Kernel 2.6.32 + Debian

To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0 + Kernel 2.6.32 + Debian
From: Vincent Hanquez <vincent.hanquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:55:26 +0000
Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sassy Natan <sassyn@xxxxxxxxx>, Josip Rodin <joy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro <thiagocmartinsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 06:55:53 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

The idea of Xen Clout Platform is that it includes the full integrated platform that is tested as a whole:

- Linux distribution (CentOS)
- Dom0 kernel (2.6.27 based on SLES11 kernel-xen)
- Xen hypervisor (3.4.x)
- Management toolstack (xapi)

So if you change the distribution to Debian, then it would be kind of a
different product :)
Yet there's no reason the platform shouldn't be linux distribution agnostic.

The choice of linux distribution (and for that matter dom0 kernel and xen version) is arbitrary, and just
happens to be what we test and develop on.

--
Vincent