[Xen-devel] Sharing information between Driver Domain and hypervisor

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Sharing information between Driver Domain and hypervisor
From: Amod <amodjaltade@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:29:31 +0530
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:48:31 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,
I want to share some information between a driver domain for a NIC and the hypervisor, for eg, the number of packets transferred etc.

To do this, I am using the HYPERVISOR_shared_info in the netback driver, within the IDD to store the count of number of packets transferred. I have added some extra fields in the shared_info structure to suit my purpose.
I want to transfer this packet count from netback to the hypervisor.
As i understand, the HYPERVISOR_shared_info page of a domain is shared as shared_info in the struct domain (defined in sched.h).
But, the data is not propagating from the netback driver to the hypervisor. Even though the packet count in IDD's HYPERVISOR_shared_info is increasing, the packet count in domain->shared_info does not change.
What am i missing here ? or is there a better way to do this ?

Thanks in advance !

   With Regards ,
       Amod Jaltade