Re: [Xen-devel] Can the open source XAPI toolstack be used on SUSE 11?

Huibin QIAN wrote:
Hi Dave,
Nice to receive your suggestion. My purpose is to use the Xapi in the original SUSE11 rather than to replace SUSE11'xen and dom0 kernel. I am wondering whether the open source Xapi toolstack is developed to match the XCP(xen, dom0 kernel and other patches)? And is it possible to use xapi toolstack with no modification to manager other virtual platform(such as SUSE),which is based on xen.

Hi,

At the moment I would say that's not possible to manage unpatches xen hypervisor, however at a later point we aim to have that feature, by having all the patches that make sense from XCP in upstream xen.

--
Vincent