Re: [Xen-devel] Need help in debugging partially blocked hypervisor

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Need help in debugging partially blocked hypervisor
From: Haitao Shan <maillists.shan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 09:12:11 +0800
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, haitao.shan@xxxxxxxxx, Dietmar Hahn <dietmar.hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 17:12:47 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=OTKKErfkt3YnucbT4ekGWbZ3xc+d05D3wmEgXp6S3m4=; b=MDeFvTTJGnbVM2k13YYbnEFCs0eYE3bt5UTYbEALoW/BKkA2wab78TRp03OCNGsVx1 cDx9mGg7niqtmafZTsF8rSt/Mb/z0skMzAZcWyfi4v8bmkzAa4PedbEcmDh4SxtB54P6 4FqYoEvlSmCCNI7MOY6QvvN6nVxplt3v/jx8M=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Can I know how you enabled vPMU on Nehalem? This is not supported in
current Xen.

Concerning vpmu support, I totally agree that we can disable this
feature by default. If anyone really wants to use it, he can use boot
options to turn it on. I am preparing a patch for that. And I will
send a patch to enable NHM vpmu together.

For the problem that Dietmar met, I think I once met this before. Can
you add some code in vpmu_do_interrupt that sets the counter you are
using to a value other than zero? Please let me know if that can help.

Best Regards
Shan Haitao