Re: [Xen-devel] planned csched improvements?

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 16:59:25 +0100
George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There has been activity, but nothing worth sharing yet. :-)  I'm
> working on the new "fairness" algorithm (perhaps called credits,
> perhaps not), which is a prerequisite for any further work such as
> load-balancing, power consumption, and so on.  Unfortunately, I
> haven't been able to work on it for more than a week at a time for the
> last several months before being interrupted with other work-related
> tasks. :-(

Incidentally, I've been thinking of a schedular plugin for database and
other similar apps. Prelimanary DB benchmarks on xen vs bare metal are
not as good. Of course, I am not blaming schedular for it. As with most
big user apps, DB is very multi-threaded, and as such it does lot of
tricks to get the OS schedular to play it it's way.
I may be getting my hands on a large box in few weeks to bring up xen
and do some scalability work. Hope to find some low hanging fruit.

thanks
Mukesh