Re: [Xen-devel] Possible bug with pass-through hot-plug?

Hi Tom,

I have been able to produce the following behaviour using a
32bit XP SP2 guest:

1. Attach to a low slot: xm ok, appears in device manager
2. Detach              : xm ok, disappears from device manager

3. Attach to a high slot: xm seems ok,
                          but the device doesn't appear in device manager
4. Detach:                xm fails (time-out waiting for response from BIOS)

Where a high slot seems to be 8 or greater.

This seems to be in line with the problem that you were reporting.
Unfortunately at this stage I'm not sure exactly how to fix it
but I suspect either:

a) A problem the way XP is dealing with ACPI events or;
b) More likely a deficiency in the virtual BIOS that xen is supplying.
   In particular, the code in tools/firmware/hvmloader/acpi/dsdt.asl