[Xen-devel] Playing 3D FPS Games in Xen-based Windows XP Home Edition HV

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Playing 3D FPS Games in Xen-based Windows XP Home Edition HVM Virtual Machine
From: "Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)" <space.time.universe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 07:18:30 +0800
Cc: space.time.universe@xxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:18:58 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
With Intel VT, VT-d, and VGA passthrough of NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS PCI
Express x16 graphics card, gamers will now be able to play 3D games
inside Xen-based Windows guest operating systems.

Please note that I cannot move around in the Alien Arena FPS game I am
trying because there is a limitation with USB device passthrough to
domU in Xen. The current limitation allows only 1 USB device to be
passed through to the virtual machine. I have allowed USB optical
mouse to be accessible in Windows VM but not USB keyboard. Motherboard
I am using is Intel DQ45CB without PS/2 ports.

Please watch my Youtube video at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tLzYqIJ7Q0

--
Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) Dip(Mechatronics) BEng(Hons)(Mechanical
Engineering)