Re: [Xen-devel] IRQ SMP affinity problems in domU with vcpus > 4 on HP P

To: "Cinco, Dante" <Dante.Cinco@xxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] IRQ SMP affinity problems in domU with vcpus > 4 on HP ProLiant G6 with dual Xeon 5540 (Nehalem)
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 22:35:35 +0100
Cc: Qing He <qing.he@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 14:36:04 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 08/10/2009 19:11, "Cinco, Dante" <Dante.Cinco@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The IRQ SMP affinity problem happens on just the passthrough one using MSI.
>
> I've only used Xen 3.4.1. Are you aware of recent code changes that may
> address this issue?

No, but it might be worth a try. Unfortunately I'm not so familiar with the
MSI passthru code as I am with the rest of the irq emulation layer. Qing He
(cc'ed) may be able to assist, as I think he did much of the development of
MSI support for passthru devices.

 -- Keir