RE: [Xen-devel] scsi passthrough in pvops kernel

To: "Jeremy Fitzhardinge" <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] scsi passthrough in pvops kernel
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 08:25:49 +1000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:26:22 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> On 09/24/09 05:58, James Harper wrote:
> >> Not done yet. You volunteering for it :-)
> >>
> > I can probably make it compile (just did with pvusb :) but can't
test it
> > too thoroughly at this point.
> >

> Do you have some pvusb patches for me?  Send them over and I'll stick
> them in.

Noboru sent me a pre-release copy of his next release. He will be
officially releasing sometime soon so I'll wait until then if he hasn't
ported them already. With my updates the drivers compile under the pvops
kernel but they call usb_buffer_free with interrupts disabled and
dma_free_coherent doesn't like it (billions of warnings logged).

Are you interested in putting in usbback (and scsiback - I'll do that
shortly if nobody else does) without the corresponding frontend drivers?
My main focus is the Windows GPLPV frontend drivers so the Linux
frontend drivers aren't a priority for me at this point... I can
probably convert scsifront as scsi drivers are pretty basic but a lot of
this usb stuff still baffles me :)

James