[Xen-devel] details of iommu_inclusive_mapping problem?

To: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] details of iommu_inclusive_mapping problem?
From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 20:40:46 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 12:42:04 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:mime-version :subject:date; bh=LMrL+4mkKADrkPrh3J6EqyTZAR5oEOz4CnFTJX1+D30=; b=n9J/l5d00F4GCGiVSEJYrfv9n3OQjDemJ6hTbJpwtzxXwesDPsMyZVcpnDlMDOLHxq pv+NFIHdYqmRn+GXkV4tDd4FwQEDHVuFHr8rWIfgNv+/CCwW5FiXaw56t6kQefhBEsmc RjxLLqO+YixGDxKyzzOamprUzJ+k3aA7Gw9cc=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

On my Supermicro X7DWA-N board I have to boot Xen with iommu_inclusive_mapping=y to use iommu, I have had some stability problems when using passthru and I wonder if that is because I am using this workaround so I contacted Supermicro about it and they asked me for details of exactly which registers are wrong, I am not able to provide this information, can anybody explain how I might work out exactly what is wrong so that I can tell them?

From what I have read the problem is that the rmrr memory ranges are not within reserved memory, I know how to work out the rmrr start and length from acpidump but I don't know how to work out the reserved ranges, which table are they in?

Andy