[Xen-devel] Trace Disk I/O per guest domain!

To: Xen developer <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Trace Disk I/O per guest domain!
From: Ata Bohra <ata.husain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 00:19:33 +0530
Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:50:10 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear All,

I am trying to trace all the disk I/O accesses made by the xen guest domains to dom0 domain. I would request for critics or comments in doing the same. Its easy to run "iostat -x" on all domains and dom0 to get the disk i/o utilization stats, but I am just looking if there can be any other way than running this utility in all domUs but using simply dom0 to get all guest domain stats along with dom0 accesses (different from domUs) also.

Thanks!
Ata

Date India’s Teen Diva. Find out if you hit it off with her or are her fiery opposite. Drag n’ drop