Re: [Xen-devel] Bridged Networking in Dom 0 and Virtual NIC inWindows XP

To: enming.teo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Bridged Networking in Dom 0 and Virtual NIC inWindows XP Home 32-bit HVM Guest
From: "Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)" <enming.teo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 23:37:54 +0800
Cc: cazyokoyama@xxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 08:38:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear All,

Instead of flushing the forward chain in the filter table after win xp home hvm dom U has started, I have commented out/deactivated the following rule in the default Fedora 11 firewall configuration:

-A FORWARD -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

This rule is the cause of all trouble.

By deactivating this rule, I have totally eliminated the need to flush the forward chain in the filter table after win xp home hvm dom U has started.

Hence now my Win XP Home HVM Dom U could access the outside world without any problem.

--
Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) Dip(Mechatronics Engineering)
BEng(Hons)(Mechanical Engineering)