From: "Teo En Ming" <enming.teo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Pasi Kärkkäinen" <pasik@xxxxxx>
Cc: Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 04:25:43 +0800
Subject: Re: Re[8]: [Xen-devel] Unable to Configure Xen Dom 0 in Jeremy's PVOPS Kernel

Dear Pasi,

> How do you install the guest?

I copied the kernel and initial ramdisk image from the images/xen directory on the CentOS 4.7 x32 cd-rom and specified this kernel and initrd in my guest config in /etc/xen on Dom 0. Then I successfully finished the guest installation using HTTP method. I reached the end where I was asked to reboot after installation completes.

> So how do you try to start the guest after installation? "xm create guest" ?
> or virt-manager?

I did not use virt-manager at all. I used "xm create domain".

> What's the error you get?

> Did you check "xm log" ? "xm dmesg" ?

I have earlier provided logs from /var/log/xen/ and xm dmesg in this xen-devel mailing list topic.

> do you have selinux or apparmor? Did you disable them?

On RHEL/CentOS/Fedora systems I will normally disable SELinux by using the following commands:

# echo 0 > /selinux/enforce

# vi /etc/selinux/config

and change the policy to disabled.

I am not very sure about the SELinux implementation on OpenSUSE 11.1 and I forgot to check this. Later in the day I will use yast to check the SELinux and apparmor settings.

Thank you!!!

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) Dip(Mechatronics Engineering) BEng(Hons)(Mechanical Engineering)
Technical Support Engineer
Information Technology Department
Asiasoft Online Pte Ltd
Tampines Central 1 #04-01 Tampines Plaza
Singapore 529541
Republic of Singapore
Mobile Phone: +65-9648-9798
MSN: teoenming@xxxxxxxxxxx