[Xen-devel] Xenoprofile in DomU!

To: <xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen developer <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xenoprofile in DomU!
From: Ata Bohra <ata.husain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 03:58:10 +0530
Delivery-date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:28:46 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear All,

I am trying to run Xenoprofile in DomU domain. I have been able to get the xenoprofile working for Dom0 but havent got luck yet to make it work for domU(s). I am working on AMD Opetron 64 bit processor with Xen3.4 on rhel5.2 kernel. I am facing following difficulties:

1. I am using the images from jailtime.org, have tried ubuntu-8 and centos5.2 images. Ubuntu works fine but centos starts as a readonly filesystem. I tried to mount it as r/w but it didnt worked. I have also tried to create a clone domU by copying files and folders from dom0 kernel (rhel5.2), but it gives me kernel panic when booting up, for this exercise I followed the step from webpage http://www.virtuatopia.com/index.php/Building_a_Xen_Virtual_Guest_Filesystem_on_a_Disk_Image_%28Cloning_Host_System%29.

2. I am not able to comprehend fully, these two steps given in Xenoprofile tutorial (http://www.xen.org/files/summit_3/xenoprof_tutorial.pdf):

a. Copy Xen and kernel images (in /boot) to domU file system.

b. Copy domU modules (in /lib/modules) to domU file system

Please help me if someone has any suggestion regarding above mentioned points.

Thanks!
Ata

MSN Battles We pitch one stalwart against the other and give you the power. Who will you vote for? Share photos while you chat with Windows Live Messenger.