Re: [Xen-devel] What is the current state of Dom0 kernel support?

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 05:23:36PM -0700, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> On 07/08/09 15:14, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> >> No, its a good idea.  I'll sort something out (and poke me if I don't
> >> appear to do anything in the next few days).
> >>

> > Btw what's the current tree people should be testing? xen-tip/next or
> > rebase/master?
>
> rebase/master is what I'm currently working on.  It's work-in-progress,
> but it works for me at the moment.  I'd appreciate any test results you
> have.  (I don't yet have a fix in there for your PAE issue however.)

I just tried latest rebase/master (2.6.31-rc1) on Xen 3.4.0.

Seems to crash during dom0 kernel startup:
http://pasik.reaktio.net/xen/pv_ops-dom0-debug/pv_ops-dom0-log-09-rebase-master-with-highpte.txt

Checking if this processor honours the WP bit even in supervisor mode...
BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at (null)
IP: [<c058d0e7>] xen_evtchn_do_upcall+0xcc/0x13f
*pdpt = 000000003d272001
Thread overran stack, or stack corrupted
Oops: 0000 [#1] SMP

It's 32bit PAE like usual..

My previous xen-tip/next 2.6.30-rc6-tip booted ok.

-- Pasi