[Xen-devel] Re: Xen dom0 kernels / wiki page?

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen dom0 kernels / wiki page?
From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:03:39 +0100
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tim Post <echo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 07:04:08 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=s90ylRAudasuqezGCRPOA6EUHTeNLJ8yZrUZPpeSZkY=; b=OXFZl9G26Rog08LAqnR9Vwioc3fIi5vUNXzuihCbx8gsRvO22aAyYw4gD8DASbMplE KpT2Nyiboi+aDHGoporNkWkW7jrPmLQ6DSY69jWmebXdJ4x5qMqWx3D60/4wghQyUftr v+hB+37HDV1Xd0MuASgje4GD0pd3qD1JXTbIo=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Keir Fraser<keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pasi,
>
> The pv_ops dom0 does indeed seem not yet ready for general use. The fact we
> made it the default kernel to build in xen-unstable.hg was not to suggest
> that it was however, but to get more exposure and testing from the developer
> community.
>
> From a user point of view, some documentation would be great, no doubt. The
> 2.6.18 tree is still available (and still the default kernel for 3.4 branch
> and earlier). Then there are the 2.6.27 trees based on the suse port (e.g.,
> xenbits/XCI, which could potentially be pulled out of the XCI project and
> made a first-class maintenance tree in its own right). And Andrew's 2.6.29
> tree...
>
> If someone wants to actively maintain a 2.6.29+ tree based on the 'suse
> port' / 'classic Xen patches' and wants xenbits space for that reason, we'd
> be happy to oblige.
>
>  -- Keir

I've already rebased the latest suse patches for 2.6.30 and will be
releasing the patches once I've tested the kernels, like 2.6.29 the
changes required to apply the patches to vanilla were quite small so
hopefully it will prove to be as stable as 2.6.29 which was very good,
unfortunately I've been in hospital for emergency surgery a couple of
weeks ago and I will be going back in soon for some more surgery so
I've not been very active recently and will not be for another month
to 6 weeks.

Andy