[Xen-users] Xen.org Website Update - Looking for Feedback

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen.org Website Update - Looking for Feedback
From: Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:33:54 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 07:34:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As many of you know, the current www.xen.org website requires a great deal of work to keep updated as it consists of a series of html text files. Last year, I worked with several community members to create a better layout within the existing structure to assist web users in finding information in a sensible manner.

I am now taking the next step in porting the existing web structure to a hosted model where I am able to edit and manipulate the site without text files and a great deal of CSS knowledge. This new tool also allows for simple design changes with a point and click and tighter integration with social networking tools.

Please take a look at the new site http://xenhypervisor.squarespace.com/. I am looking for all feedback so I can create a better tool for the community.

Finally, please remember that not all sites such as the Wiki, Mailing Lists, or Bugzilla have the new look & feel as that requires additional effort and I want to get community buy-in on the new site first.

Thanks.

Stephen Spector

Community Manager, Xen.org

stephen.spector@xxxxxxx