Re: [Xen-devel] Experimental results for VGA passthrough

Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Experimental results for VGA passthrough
From: "Beng Heng, Ng" <bengheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 21:39:23 -0400
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 18:40:18 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Here's a very concise summary of my test results.

The gfx used were
- Intel GMA 4500
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
- nVidia GeForce 9500 GT

Each card is set as the primary adapter in turn, and passed through to
DomU is attempted. The respective gfx drivers are installed if DomU
manages to boot up.

Gfx     Ubuntu64        XP               Vista
Intel   Hang            Low Res/Color    Low Res/Color
ATI     Hang            Normal           Normal
nVidia  Blank Screen    Blank Screen     Blank Screen

Would appreciate any comments or suggestions to perhaps improve the
above situation. Thanks.

- Beng Heng