Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: Next vcpu in queue

To: George Dunlap <dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: Next vcpu in queue
From: Ananth <cbananth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:27:30 +0530
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 02:58:32 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=z8/01JpytBl3l32gsntmkooX1bgwZYDXY2VvCWoZ8VQ=; b=SA77SwGp1s8IopoCWKGkYa7XzRDzP7s7oSVVLzAWBc7KWbKRhI95Gnr0l7CZp1egzU TVJtVQC7nJ1vB4cl7WrGZ8yktmD4foHCWtV+QeLlIJH+wa7UVOE3NzlQ4KV95iWMimz/ bUr7pTjhG91/osliMtCFrayxxAIwIIjJ86E/M=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I looked through their code. But the issue I am facing is, they are specifically designed for an SMP environment. Whereas I am not too concerned about getting this working on SMP. Also, they use a lot of macros specific to their scheduler implementation. It wont be appropriate to copy all of them again to this scheduler code.

I have another question. For example, in Credit scheduer, is the list of VCPUs created while running the sched_credit.c? Or is it created through other files which is accessed through data structures in this file?
Because, if it is created only in this file, then I must create the list from the sched_rrobin.c file also.

Thanks & Regards
Ananth