Re: [Xen-devel] 3rd party drivers in domU or dom0

To: "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 3rd party drivers in domU or dom0
From: mdlabriola@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 18:26:44 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:26:25 -0700
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-rim-org-msg-ref-id:Return-Receipt-To:Disposition-Notification-To:Message-ID:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Reply-To:X-Priority:Sensitivity:Importance:To:Subject:From:Date:Content-Type:MIME-Version; b=j5NBU262dN0KqtxOB8708CottUu6/Me0Jal2zRexMkOGx7/KX1Fqr1dijDa49aWwChYSyHSpSRKNLTTk++JvuQmlFOiiDVd/KkSVmvn/9eWv1gHX83Aivapfi8nfq5Wpa1EqAUImgP0FL8do9hSDEdAH79Wm59rHfgw56smNyow= ;
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I booted the hypervizor with dom0_vcpu_pin set, dom0's kernel with nosmp set,
then pinned my domUs to the second core.  It worked!  I'm now sending my 50Hz
data well within my spec, even with two other domUs working away.  :-)

Now, I still would rather pass my PCI cards into a domU, but I'm pretty happy
to be working at all.

I remember noticing an option to select one of 3 available PCI passthrough
methods for pciback when I configured my kernel...  What's the difference
between the three?

-Mike