Re: [Xen-devel] Hi, Does anyone study in the inter-domain communication

To: Dango <dingdly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Hi, Does anyone study in the inter-domain communication between HVM guests on Xen?
From: Patrick Colp <pjcolp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:30:18 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:30:46 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you have them both on the network, just use regular network communication.

Alternatively, you could use XenStore, although you might have to know the domids of the communicating guests (not sure if there's an easy way to find that out or not).

Patrick

Dango wrote:
Hi, all:

Is it possible to develop an interface for inter-domain communicaton between
HVM guests on Xen ? like Xensocket.

As far as I know, the grant table is unavailable in hardware virtual
machines.

So, does any mechanism exist in Xen to support this function?

Thanks for your replies.

Best Regards,

Dango.