RE: [Xen-devel] pvscsi broken

To: "Andrew Lyon" <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] pvscsi broken
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 23:56:27 +1100
Delivery-date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 05:56:58 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi,
>
> On both 3.3.1 and unstable if I try to use pvscsi as per the examples
> in the config file I get a error when I try to start the domain:
>
>  xm dry-run xptest.cfg
> Using config file "./xptest.cfg".
> /sbin/scsi_id: invalid option -- 's'

I was sure that I had this working previously, but on my 3.3.1 system
it's even worse:

xm scsi-attach w2k8test32 /dev/st0 0:0:0:0
sh: /sbin/scsi_id: No such file or directory
sh: /sbin/scsi_id: No such file or directory
sh: /sbin/scsi_id: No such file or directory
sh: /sbin/scsi_id: No such file or directory
sh: /sbin/scsi_id: No such file or directory

Mine is Debian Lenny, and scsi_id is in /lib/udev, not /sbin, and
doesn't seem to support the right options either...

James