Re: [Xen-devel] [Patch][RFC] BIOS: configure bootable pass-through devic

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [Patch][RFC] BIOS: configure bootable pass-through device
From: Akio Takebe <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:10:01 +0900
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 04:10:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Keir Fraser wrote:
On 12/03/2009 10:11, "Akio Takebe" <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

These patches use cmos(0x60) as a place retaining the devfn of bootable
device.
Bochs BIOS doesn't seems to use the offset 0x60.
What do you think of using cmos(0x60)?
Do you have some ideas?

This shouldn't need to touch qemu at all. This is a config option that
should be parsed by xm/xend and passed directly off to hvmloader. Passing it
via hvm_info_table would make most sense in my opinion. In which case you
need to probably pass it as an optional param to xc.hvm_build() and poke it
into hvm_info_table from that Python C wrapper function.

Thank you very much. It looks good.
I'll try it.

If not specified, should you keep default behaviour and try to load all
option ROMs? I'm not fussed - it's just a thought.
It depends on bios implimentation, I think.
BIOS on one server box can select bootable device.
BIOS on another box detects some device installed only paticular slots as
bootable.
There may be a BIOS loding all option ROM.
With avobe your idea, I want to think a little bits more.
I want to load option ROMs with a order like BCV priority.

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe