Re: [Xen-devel] domain id number on xen unstable

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] domain id number on xen unstable
From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 19:18:37 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 12:19:00 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=UCU4xUoTT1KmZYeEgrw4EKbH7zsoWl2GptetlAva7BE=; b=bu5bh1P84D1w76bUWN55BTxER+ECaYQ+afBn6SkJl5WWCOkRg57+Fc4ti9GAkyGfnG rOz0Nz41XkU1uew0LMtmtDWXr9V/VSi3s36tbk7fnwVRtkxPTddrtzpWEynt+Td4ZcEe LtL7ge/VLiigjKDZ9NIkkDW9Xntx8Q3cGjWZQ=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I dont.
>>
>> xend-config.sxp:# In SMP system, dom0 will use dom0-cpus # of CPUS
>> xend-config.sxp:# If dom0-cpus = 0, dom0 will take all cpus available
>> xend-config.sxp:(dom0-cpus 0)
>
> Oh well, it has to be a different issue then really, I think. Unfortunately
> the 2.6.27 tree isn't being actively maintained or tested by us, although
> I'll port across fixes as and when they are pointed out, as in this case.
> Undoubtedly the best place to get a supported Suse 2.6.2x tree is from Suse.
> ;-)
>
>  -- Keir

I maintain a gentoo ebuild for dom0 kernel which uses opensuse xen
patches rebased to apply to vanilla without the usual extra patches
that opensuse uses, the most recent suse xen kernel is 2.6.27.13 which
I've also tried with Xen unstable, the same problem exists.

Of course that kernel could still be lacking something which is
causing this bug, replacing xen-hotplug-cleanup with the one from
3.3.1 seems to work a lot better, but its probably not cleaning up all
objects and something will break eventually.

Theres nothing more I can do, the xensource kernel does not support
the hardware on my test system sufficiently to boot and test.

Andy