[Xen-devel] Re: [patch] HVM: Expand the number of PCI interrupts from 16

To: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: [patch] HVM: Expand the number of PCI interrupts from 16 to 32
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 09:17:30 +0000
Cc: Yuji Shimada <shimada-yxb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 02:18:22 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 08/03/2009 23:48, "Simon Horman" <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not sure what the reason for this, but the tables relating
> to PCI interrupts seem to be truncated to 15 entries. I am
> guessing that they are just incomplete and that this has never
> been an issue. This patch extends these tables to the full 32 entries.
>
> Tested by giving an ioemu rtl8139 device pci device 24,
> which is unable to communicate with the network without this change.

The rombios.c change was optimistic (you changed the bytes-per-device value,
rather than the number-of-devices value). The rombios table actually already
only describes 6 PCI devices, and expanding it further may risk overflowing
the available space in the ROM image. Any OS we pass devices to is going to
be ACPI-enabled anyway, so it doesn't matter.

The DSDT changes had some bugs -- the LNK[ABCD] values were mostly wrong,
and the GSI values for Device 23 Links C&D were wrong.

I fixed it all up and checked it in.

 -- Keir