Re: [Xen-devel] Academic Project

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 06:00:40AM +0530, dinesh chandrasekaran wrote:

Hi dinesh

>    1) dom0 is another linux kernel which runs in ring 3 (IA64) along with
>    other guests with more privileges.
>    2) It runs the management tools (xm) which is the point of user
>    interaction for desktop virtualization.
>    Hence the goal is to protect the guest memory/state from compromised dom0.

That implies the protection hardware is not controlled by the dom0 and
there is another more secure way for the administration of it and second
that the dom0 can't do anything.

The dom0 can afaik do basically anything, so it also can claim "i'm
secure domU No. 2 and i want my data!", furthermore the dom0 should also be
able to overwrite the xen kernel.

>    By the way, I'm sorry I use PCIe board and not PCI .

Does not matter, it has the same latency, you'll get 10-20 MB/s memory
performance.

Christian