Re: [Xen-devel] Re: PCI passthrough and 3.3.1/3.4.0

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: PCI passthrough and 3.3.1/3.4.0
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 18:19:54 +0000
Cc: Christian Tramnitz <chris.ace@xxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 10:20:23 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sunday 01 March 2009 11:17:58 Christian Tramnitz wrote:
> Hi Boris,
>
> As you can see in the xen-unstable tree 2.6.18 is still the official
> dom0 kernel.
> Pvops will hopefully come with 2.6.30, but that will still take some
> time: from recent pvops testing I've observed that passthrough is not
> working at all (simply due to the lack of pciback, correct me if I'm
> wrong here)...

Even then, dom0 support in mainline would only be a minimal functionality.
Complete dom0 support would wait for a later release, if it ever gets merged.

As far as I know most / all domU support is already merged upstream so at
least unprivileged guests can benefit from recently mainline developments.

Cheers,
Mark