Re: [Xen-devel] bring up Hypervisor on large (512GB) memory

To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>, "mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx" <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] bring up Hypervisor on large (512GB) memory
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:47:14 +0000
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 00:47:40 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 10/02/2009 08:11, "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Minus the regression Keir talks about, we have indications that Xen (even
> 3.3 iirc) itself boots fine even with 1Tb.

Yes, with your patch to upsize the Xen heap automatically (or with xenheap
override specified on the Xen command line) it should work fine. Good to
hear it worked at least once in practice too.

The regression is an omission on my part. I just need to bring your
'auto-sizing' logic back in, to correctly size the relocation area that I
allocate for Xen-plus-bitmap. I'll get it done later today hopefully.

 -- Keir