Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Attempt to load 2.6.29-rc3 with pv_ops suppot for Do

To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Attempt to load 2.6.29-rc3 with pv_ops suppot for Dom0 under Xen 3.3.1 Hypervisor
From: Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 22:00:34 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Todd Deshane <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 22:00:58 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  What was the spec for South Bridge (and board in general)  you succeeded with ?  It might be hardware or even BIOS release dependent issue.

  PIIX would be also loaded for pretty old ULTRA DMA (IDE) controllers
as well and for any Intel ICH(X) (X=6,7,8) without "R" extension chip.

  The last ones actually don't support AHCI at all, no matter of BIOS
setup. View Intel Storage Matrix for details.
     My guess  would be to address Intel with this kind of problems.

  How behaves 2.6.29-rc3 (pv_ops Dom0) under Xen on SAS/SCSI controllers ( Dell PowerEdge 2900) ?