[Xen-devel] system crashing while testing GPLPV drivers

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] system crashing while testing GPLPV drivers
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:10:54 +1100
Delivery-date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:11:25 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am rewriting the TX path in the GPLPV drivers and in its current form
I am readily able to crash the system (eg Dom0 and everything else
running) from DomU.

xen is 3.3.1, linux is at most a week behind the 3.3.1 release date.

My Windows DomU boots up, fails to get an IP address (yes, the TX path
is broken), and then a short time later the system has rebooted.

I don't know exactly what is causing it, but I suspect that I'm handing
netback some badly formed buffers or something and causing a bug check
in Dom0.

James