Re: [Xen-devel] xenstore xenbus failure

On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 13:14 -0800, Adam Wendt wrote:

> The patch fixed my issues with xenbus/xenstore.

Excellent, thanks. I've forwarded upstream.

>  Now having other problems starting guest:
>
> 1. vif hotplug hangs and then errors out, haven't looked deeper into
> this due to the following issues.

There is currently no netback in the pvops dom0 kernel so this isn't
expected to work yet.

> 2. Without a vif entry when I start guest it fails to find the disk
> partition names I have defined in my guest config file, disks only
> seem to be available on ca01 (for initial root) and then /dev/xvdaX,
> no hdaX entries like my guest config has.

ca01? What sort of guest is it?

Blkback devices work OK for me with PV Linux guests so I think the dom0
side is broadly OK but it is possible a different guest might expose
something different.

There is currently no blktap in pvops kernel so that wouldn't be
expected to work.

> 3. I don't get a login prompt on the console, my entire init process
> is displayed up to starting local (this is gentoo) but then no login,
> I see a /dev/xvc0 device and I have a valid inittab entriy (along with
> securetty entry) but never get a login promt on the console

For a pvops kernel the console device is called hvc0 not xvc0.

Ian.