RE: [Xen-devel] Critical bug: VT-d fault causes disk corruption or Dom0

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Li, Xin" <xin.li@xxxxxxxxx>, "Li, Haicheng" <haicheng.li@xxxxxxxxx>, "'xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Critical bug: VT-d fault causes disk corruption or Dom0 kernel panic.
From: "Kay, Allen M" <allen.m.kay@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 15:40:04 -0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "Cihula, Joseph" <joseph.cihula@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 15:40:48 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I talked to Joe Cihula about this.  He is suggesting map only the RAM memory in
E820 table.  This is more secure than map everything below max_page.  We can do
this for x86_64 and x86_32.  For IA-64, we still map everything below max_page
as there is no tboot issue.

What do you think of is approach?

Allen