RE: [Xen-devel] Is anyone using the credit scheduler "cap" functionality

To: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Is anyone using the credit scheduler "cap" functionality?
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 20:33:20 +0000 (GMT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:34:02 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IIRC, the cap functionality is useful primarily for application
licensing, e.g. to ensure that an app licensed for 2 cpus
never gets more than 2 cpus, even if all other cpus are idle.
I suppose it could also be used by a webhosting provider to
create similar limits to allow selling of an added-value tier
(e.g. "uncapped", kind of a poor man's cloud computing).

Given that, I'd say this is a much too restricted forum
(primarily developers) to ask and, even if it's not being
used today, pulling it out seems premature unless there's
a *really* good reason.

My two cents,
Dan