Re: [Xen-devel] Xen with dom0 pvops on ultra-recent "git tip" kernel on

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 09:26:04AM -0800, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> >Yep. Thanks.
> >
> >I've tried both Xen 3.3.0 and 3.3.1, both behave the same. I don't think
> >the
> >(VGA) console problem is in Xen hypervisor.
> >

> Does VGA console work if you boot that kernel native?  I suspect its
> something to do with your kernel config, since its quite easy to get
> wrong.  I would not, for example, expect an fbdev console to work.

Booting the same kernel on baremetal without Xen works just fine, ie.
VGA console works on baremetal.

When I boot that same kernel as Xen dom0, I first see Xen bootup messages on
the console, and when dom0 kernel messages should show up on the console,
the console gets cleared and gets blank. Nothing will show up on the console.

-- Pasi